Apply for an employment permit

Apply for an employment permit

Employers can apply for a permit when certain employment standards don’t meet workplace needs.

The Director of Employment Standards may approve and issue permits for the following employment situations:

  • non-approved jobs for adolescent employees
  • extended days of work
  • extended hours of work
  • extension to the overtime banking period
Modified: 2017-01-18
PID: 1480

Contact Employment Standards

Call the Employment Standards Contact Centre for general information or submit an inquiry online:

  • 780-427-3731 (Edmonton)
  • 1-877-427-3731 (toll-free)

View more contact options