OHS Act, Regulation and Code
Rules governing health and safety in Alberta’s workplaces fall under the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulation and Code. The OHS Code Explanation Guide helps explain the rules of the Code in plain, easy-to-understand language.
SEARCH AARC has been updated with the 2013 revisions.
SEARCH AARC makes browsing or searching Alberta’s OHS Act, Regulation, Code, and OHS Code Explanation Guide easy.
SEARCH AARC allows you to
- Browse each document page by page
- Jump to specific part or section of the document
- Jump from document to document
- Jump between the OHS Code and OHS Code Explanation Guide
- Search the documents by keywords
- Add documents to clipboard for printing or emailing
View SEARCH AARC
- Occupational Health and Safety Act – Official on-line version of the Act.
- Highlights of Changes to the Act (LI031)
- Occupational Health and Safety Regulation – Official on-line version of the Regulation.
- Highlights of Changes to the OHS Regulation (LI033)
OHS Code and Explanation Guide
- Occupational Health and Safety Code (2009)
- Explanation Guide (2009) – Copies of this publication may be ordered from the Alberta Queen’s Printer.
- CSA Standards Referenced in the OHS Code – View online the CSA Standards Referenced in the OHS Code. CSA requires creating an account for free access.
Review of the Code
- Administrative Penalty (OHS Act) Regulation (AR 165/2013)
This regulation is made under section 40(1)(i.1) of the OHS Act and specifies rules governing the administration of administrative penalties including notice, amount and time for payment.
- Farming and Ranching Exemption Regulation (AR 27/95)
This Regulation is made for the purposes of section 1(s) of the Occupational Health and Safety Act to specify the farming and ranching operations that are excluded from the definition of “occupation” under the Act.
- Work Sites Requiring a Joint Work Site Health and Safety Committee
Work sites that are required to have a JWSHSC by Ministerial Order under Section 31 of the Act.
Order the official printed version of the OHS Act, Regulation, Code and OHS Code Explanation Guide from the Alberta Queen’s Printer.
Occupational Health and Safety Quick Links
TTY: 780-427-9999 (Edmonton)
Occupational Health and Safety Council
The OHS Council is an administrative body, which operates arms length from government. The Council advises the Minister on OHS matters and serves as an appeal body for orders issued by Occupational Health and Safety.