Workplace injury and fatality records
Albertans can see information about workplace injuries and fatalities involving over 155,000 employers insured by the Workers’ Compensation Board – Alberta (WCB). Information can be searched by employer, industry, lost-time claim rate, disabling injury rate, and by town or city, and includes five years of data on:
- Number of lost-time claims by employer, and by industry and provincial totals
- Person-years estimate by employer, and by industry and provincial totals
- Lost-time claim rate by employer, and by industry and provincial totals
- Disabling injury rate by employer, and by industry and provincial totals
- Number of fatalities by employer and by industry and provincial totals, including those resulting from work-related motor vehicle and workplace incidents, and occupational disease
- Whether each employer holds a Certificate of Recognition (COR) *
Before starting your search, please see the disclaimer. For additional information on the records, and for definitions of all terms used, see the usage considerations.
If you have any concern regarding the information contained within the records, please call the OHS Contact Centre:
- 1‑866‑415-8690 (Toll-free within Alberta)
- 780‑415‑8690 (Edmonton and surrounding area)
- Deaf/hard of hearing with TDD/TTY: 780‑427‑9999 in Edmonton, 1‑800‑232‑7215 throughout Alberta
* COR status can be affected due to timing of audits, changes in business structure, or WCB account-industry changes. If a COR status does not appear to be correct for a particular year, please contact OHS Partnerships at 780‑644‑1711 or email@example.com.