Permits and certificates

Permits and certificates

OHS laws require that employers and workers get permits and certificates before they can do certain jobs.

How it works

Workers must become accredited before they can work in these areas:

Owners of designated radiation equipment must get a registration certificate from an authorized organization:

Approved training courses

OHS laws also require that workers with jobs in certain areas have special health and safety training approved by Alberta Labour. Find out more.

Modified: 2016-11-28
PID: 15311

Contact OHS

1-866-415-8690 (toll-free)
780-415-8690 (Edmonton)

TTY: 780-427-9999 (Edmonton)
TTY: 1-800-232-7215

View more contact options