Alberta Learning Information Service (ALIS)
The Alberta Learning Information Service (ALIS) website is designed to help you:
- explore career choices
- research information on occupations
- find information on education and training programs
- link to post-secondary learning institutions
- find information about students’ finance and scholarships
- access on-line admission application services to Alberta post-secondary institutions
- search for work
- find labour market information
ALIS features several specialized sites including:
- OCCinfo – Provides up-to-date information on Alberta’s occupations, educational programs and schools. Learn about the duties and working conditions, educational and certification requirements, employment outlook and advancement, and wage and salary ranges.
- CAREERinsite – Guides people through a five-step career planning process with relevant activities and career planning resources.
- Loans and Grants – Provides students with budgeting, loans, grants and bursary information and services to help finance their education. Students can also apply for financial assistance on-line.
- Scholarships & Bursaries – Provides students with information on scholarships and bursaries and how to apply for them. Background, qualification criteria and application forms are also available.
- Career Information Hotline – A consulting and referral service to help Albertans make informed career, education and employment decisions. Career advisors are available by email, telephone and fax.
- Job Postings – Links to job banks and work opportunities in Alberta, Canada and beyond.
- Publications – Your source for career, workplace and labour market information resources and posters.
Bookmark and Poster
Bookmarks and posters are yours for the asking to promote ALIS, Alberta’s leading on-line source for career, learning and employment information.
Order the ALIS bookmark (front and back) on-line from the ALIS Publications.
Order the ALIS poster on-line from the ALIS Publications.