Employment Standards Publications
Guides and other employment standards materials, including foreign language resources, for employers and employees.
The PDF files for the brochure and posters contain text only and are not formatted the same as the printed versions. To obtain copies of the original printed version for posting or distribution, please contact Employment Standards.
Temporary Foreign Worker Guide for Employees
This guide provides information on employment standards, occupational health and safety, workers’ compensation, the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) and the federal Temporary Foreign Worker (TFW) Program. It also provides contact information for questions such as how to file a complaint.
Also available in:
- Temporary Foreign Worker Guide for Employers
This guide will help employers meet the requirements of the federal Temporary Foreign Worker (TFW) Program, employment standards and occupational health and safety legislation. It also provides useful information on contracting an employment agency, workers’ compensation, Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Alberta and the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP).
- An Employer’s Guide to Employment Rules
- Becoming a Parent in Alberta
- Easy Reading Employment Law Protects Workers
- Employment Standards Guide
- Employment Standards Guide for the Hospitality Industry
- Employment Standards Tool Kit for Employers
- Guide des normes d’emploi
- Let’s Talk: A guide to resolving workplace conflicts
- Your Guide to Rights and Responsibilities at Work
- Temporary Foreign Worker Advisory Office brochure
All Temporary Workers Have Permanent Rights
Audio (MP3 Format)
Hire Standards for Employers
Hire Standards for Temporary Foreign Workers