Contact Occupational Health and Safety
For general questions or information about OHS, such as
- How to identify and control workplace hazards
- Alberta’s Occupational Health and Safety Legislation
- Partnerships in Injury Reduction
- Certificates of Recognition (COR)
- Ordering publications
To ask a question or get more information
- Use the online form
- Phone the OHS Contact Centre
Alberta OHS legislation requires anyone beginning an asbestos project to notify Occupational Health and Safety at least 72 hours before workers may be exposed to airborne fibres. This includes set-up operations that may release asbestos fibres. A notifiable asbestos project involves the abatement of asbestos, the demolition or the renovation of a building or equipment containing asbestos.
To notify Occupational Health and Safety of an asbestos abatement project:
Download and complete the Asbestos Project Notification Form
Return the form to the OHS Contact Centre
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on asbestos projects and notification requirements, phone the OHS Contact Centre.
Give us your input to help make our website better. Let us know how we are doing.