OHS Act, Regulation and Code
Rules for health and safety in Alberta’s workplaces fall under the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulation and Code.
View the OHS Act, Regulation, Code and OHS Code Explanation Guide online, or order from the Alberta Queen’s Printer.
- Occupational Health and Safety Act – official online version
- Highlights of Changes to the Act (2012) (PDF, 227 KB)
- Occupational Health and Safety Regulation – official online version
- Highlights of Changes to the OHS Regulation (2013) (PDF, 182 KB)
- Occupational Health and Safety Code (2009) – official online version
- OHS Code Explanation Guide (2009) – explains the rules of the Code in plain language
- CSA Standards Referenced in the OHS Code – create an online account to get free access
Search OHS Laws (Search AARC)
Use this online tool to browse Alberta’s OHS Act, Regulation, Code and OHS Code Explanation Guide.
SEARCH AARC allows you to:
- browse each document page by page
- jump to specific part or section of the document
- jump from document to document
- jump between the OHS Code and OHS Code Explanation Guide
- search the documents by keywords
- add documents to clipboard for printing or emailing
- Alberta Asbestos Abatement Manual
- Administrative Penalty (OHS Act) Regulation (AR 165/2013)
This regulation is made under section 40(1)(i.1) of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and specifies rules governing the administration of administrative penalties including notice, amount and time for payment.
- Farming and Ranching Exemption Regulation (AR 27/95)
This Regulation is made for the purposes of section 1(s) of the Occupational Health and Safety Act to specify the farming and ranching operations that are excluded from the definition of “occupation” under the Act.
- Work Sites Requiring a Joint OHS Committee
These work sites are required to have a JWSHSC by Ministerial Order under Section 31 of the Act.