Partnerships in Injury Reduction
This program promotes health and safety through partnerships with safety associations, industry groups, educational institutions and labour organizations.
How it works
Partnerships in Injury Reduction is a voluntary program in which employer and worker representatives work collaboratively with government to build effective health and safety management systems. By improving health and safety, the social and financial costs of workplace injury and illness are reduced.
For more information read Becoming a partner in injury reduction (PDF, 39 KB).
Certificate of Recognition (COR)
The Partnerships in Injury Reduction program awards Certificates of Recognition (CORs) to employers that have developed a health and safety management system and met established standards.
Basic facts about CORs:
- employers must get and maintain a valid COR to earn a financial incentive through the WCB
- Alberta corporations may require bidding contractors to hold a valid COR
- CORs are issued by the Alberta government and co-signed by Certifying Partners
The Alberta Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB) works with the Ministry, Certifying Partners and employers to offer WCB premium incentives through the Partnerships in Injury Reduction program. Employers who reduce their claim costs below predicted targets and achieve a COR can earn up to 20% off their industry rate.
A Certifying Partner is an association that works in partnership with the Alberta government. Certifying Partners provide training, review audits, certify auditors, and co-sign Certificates of Recognition.
A Partner in Injury Reduction is an association, corporation or organization that commits to taking a leadership role in health and safety by entering into a formal agreement with the Alberta government. The government and each Partner sign a Memorandum of Understanding outlining the specific commitments made by each organization.
There are approximately 70 Partners committed to promoting and improving health and safety in Alberta.
- Alberta Construction Association
- Alberta Education Health and Safety Association
- Alberta Energy Regulator
- Alberta Hotel and Lodging Association
- Alberta Occupational Safety Auditors Association
- Alberta Roadbuilders and Heavy Construction Association
- Alberta Transportation
- Alberta Union of Provincial Employees (AUPE)
- ALBI Homes Ltd.
- Association of Canadian Search, Employment and Staffing Services (ACSESS)
- ATCO Electric
- Bethany Care Society
- Bird Construction Company Limited
- BOWEN Workforce Solutions Inc.
- BP Canada Energy Company
- Building Operators Association (Calgary)
- Building Owners and Managers Association of Calgary
- Building Trades of Alberta
- Canadian Association of Geophysical Contractors (CAGC)
- Canadian Association of Oilwell Drilling Contractors (CAODC)
- Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers (CAPP)
- Canadian Energy Pipeline Association (CEPA)
- Canadian Home Builders Association – Alberta
- Cargill Limited – Cargill Meat Solutions
- CESSCO Fabrication & Engineering Limited
- CF Chemicals Ltd.
- City of Edmonton
- City of Medicine Hat
- ConocoPhillips Canada Resources Corp
- Construction Owners Association of Alberta (COAA)
- Daytona Homes Inc.
- Devon Canada Corporation
- Environmental Services Association of Alberta (ESAA)
- EPCOR Utilities Inc.
- Flint Energy Services Ltd.
- Fluor Canada Ltd.
- Fluor Constructors Canada Ltd.
- Goodyear Canada Inc.
- Imperial Oil Limited
- IMT Standen’s GP Inc.
- Ironline Compression GP Ltd.
- Lantic Inc.
- Millar Western Forest Products Ltd.
- Mullen Group Ltd.
- Petroleum Services Association of Canada (PSAC)
- Pratt & Whitney Canada Corp.
- Printing and Graphics Industries Association of Alberta (PGIA)
- RPS Energy Canada Ltd./Boyd Exploration Consultants
- Safe Communities Coalition of Central Alberta
- St. John Ambulance Alberta Council
- Schlumberger Canada Ltd.
- Shell Canada Limited
- Shepherd’s Care Foundation
- Suncor Energy Inc.
- Syncrude Canada Ltd.
- The Association of Science and Engineering Technology Professionals of Alberta (ASET)
- The Calgary Airport Authority
- The Canadian Association of Chemical Distributors (CACS)
- The Canadian Society of Safety Engineering (CSSE)
- The Job Safety Skills Society (JSSS)
- TransCanada Pipelines Limited
- UFA Co-operative Limited
- University of Alberta, Faculty of Extension
- University of Alberta, Injury Prevention Centre
- Waiward Steel Fabricators Ltd.